Legal & Regulatory Information
Important Legal and Regulatory Information
You must read the following information before proceeding, as it explains the legal and regulatory restrictions which apply to both the information contained and investment products referred to within this website.
To enter this website your browser must have cookies enabled; you will not be able to proceed otherwise; cookies are used to make sure you are aware of important regulatory information.
The information on this website has been issued and approved by SVM Asset Management Limited and does not, in any way, constitute investment, legal or taxation advice.
The main business of SVM is to act as investment managers for a wide range of private and institutional clients. SVM Asset Management Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) in the UK. SVM’s details are set out in the FCA Register and our FCA registered number is 146873. Prior to making any investment decision we advise you to consult your independent financial adviser, stockbroker, accountant, banker, lawyer or other professional adviser.
You hereby agree that any dispute arising from your use of this website or the information it contains, will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish Courts.
Access to the information contained on this website may be restricted by laws and regulations applicable to the jurisdiction of the user. Accordingly, users must ensure that their use of this information and any investment decision taken as a result does not contravene any such restrictions.
The information on this website is directed at investors in the UK and does not constitute an offer to sell or invitation to buy securities in the United States of America or any other jurisdiction where such an offer or invitation is unlawful, or where the person making such an offer is not qualified or authorised to do so.
General Risk Warnings
- Past performance should not be seen as an indication of future performance.
- Stockmarket and currency movements may cause the value of an investment and the income from it to fall as well as rise and investors may not get back the amount originally invested.
- Where funds are investing in warrants, smaller companies or unquoted companies the illiquidity and/or potential volatility of the underlying security may increase the risk to the value of and the income from the investment.
- The levels of, and reliefs from, taxation are subject to change. Tax reliefs and their value will depend on your individual circumstances. If investors are in any doubt about the taxation consequences of making an investment decision they should seek advice from their financial adviser.
- Investors should be aware that the share price of Investment Trusts can be influenced by the demand for those shares as well as the performance of the underlying investments and may not fully reflect the underlying net asset value of those shares.
- Before making an investment decision, careful reference should be made to the fund-specific risk warnings which you will find within the Prospectus, Key Investor Information Document and Supplementary Information Document.
Accuracy of Information
Whilst all reasonable steps have been taken to ensure that the information contained on this website is accurate and complete at the date of publication, no warranty or guarantee is given and no liability is accepted for any loss incurred. Errors or omissions in the information may occur because of a number of factors which are inherent in any Internet access system and are not within our control. The information contained in this website is subject to change without notice.
Links on this website lead to sites maintained by third parties over which SVM Asset Management Limited has no control. Any links to third party sites are provided solely as a convenience to users and use of those sites will be at your own risk.
Anti Money Laundering
We are required to adhere to all applicable anti money laundering rules and regulations when you invest in any of our funds through us. This requires the carrying out of checks on your identity by means of documents requested of you and/or by carrying out checks through a credit reference agency. If you refuse to provide requested documents then we reserve the right to refuse your investment. If your money has been invested prior to the identity checks being completed, then you should note that the regulations preclude us from releasing any money to you until we receive adequate verification of your identity.
The contents of this website are protected by copyright laws and intellectual property rights. All products, company names and logos on our website are trade marks, service marks or trading names of their respective owners or SVM. Whilst you may download information and material from our website for your personal use, you may not copy, reproduce, transmit or distribute this information or material in any way without our prior written consent.
SVM Asset Management Ltd, as a data controller, will handle all your personal information in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018 and General Data Protection Regulations.
Personal information provided by you will be held in confidence by SVM Asset Management Limited and its agents and will not be passed on to anyone except where we or any third party acting on our behalf are legally compelled or permitted to do so otherwise as agreed with you.
Please note it is not our policy to send an email to you to ask you to buy or sell investments or to divulge any personal information. If you do receive any such requests that purport to be from SVM, do not reply but instead, forward the email to us at email@example.com
If you would like further information on our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority, you can access their website at www.fca.org.uk.