SVM was established in 1990 on a straightforward premise: We wanted to create an independent environment where talented investment professionals would have the flexibility to run funds to the best of their ability.
An Active, Intelligent Approach
We want to help our investors provide for their financial needs, and we believe the best way to do this is to give our managers the flexibility to manage their funds in their own distinctive way. This is underpinned by our framework of original research, ethos of responsible investing and robust processes and risk management.
We are passionate about independent thinking. For us independent thinking is about our clients, our funds and our business.
Our Philosophy of Investing
- We have created an environment where managers can focus on delivering returns for clients.
- We are committed to active management and use the principles of responsible investing to manage focused portfolios.
- Independent thinking means our managers can pursue their own strategies and approach to analysis while sharing ideas with the team.
- Risk management is paramount with oversight provided by an independently chaired fair value, liquidity, risk and compliance committee.
- ESG (notably in company governance) is linked to good risk management and helps deliver performance.